Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My version of a Venezuelan Hot Dog















"Ever eat so much you feel sick? Isn't that the best,
then you feel like a real American . . . oh that was strangely patriotic . . ." -Jim Gaffigan


I am usually very anti-hot dog, but seeing as it's almost the 4th of July
I thought I would share my favorite way to eat a hot dog.

8 hot dog rolls, preferably potato
8 hot dogs, preferably pork
Relish of your choice
1 (6-ounce) bag Lays classic potato chips
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Ketchup

Grill your dogs, for me it's just the only way. I also grill my buns, but that is just a personal preference. While your dogs are grilling, open the bag of Lays, and slowly begin to smash the chips with your hands, smash until they are completely demolished, still crisp but totally smashed and then set aside.
Check your buns, they only need a minute or so on the grill. Once your dogs are done to your liking, assemble as follows:
Bun, dog, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish and top with a rediculous amounts of crushed potato chips.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails